Monday, December 19, 2016

Best Music of 2016, Part 2

There will be newcomers to this list in every post except this one... that is, unless you count Neko Case's co-conspirators.


25. Bon Iver - 22, A Million
I'm not as enamored with this change in direction as the critics were, but it's still top-25 worthy.




24.Regina Spektor - Remember Us to Life
I've been pretty lukewarm on Spektor since the amazing Begin to Hope, which was released a decade ago. Heck, it even took me a while to come around to the "Orange is the New Black" theme. This one is definitely her second-best full-length, in my opinion.




23. case/lang/veirs - case/lang/veirs
If I had to rank these three in order of how much I like them, it would probably be case/veirs/lang, although my initial impression of this album was that lang's star shone the brightest. That said, my favorite song is one where veirs takes the lead.




22. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Pushing forward in their career-long quest to prove a band can be over-rated but still really good.




21. Local Natives - Sunlit Youth
I didn't think these guys would ever make an album that I loved as much as 2013's Hummingbird, but this was a valiant effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment