Saturday, March 28, 2009

400' Blasts: The Left Field 100

About 2 1/2 months ago, I introduced what I had planned to be this blog's next ongoing series of posts, that being my top 40 all-time sports moments. I then worked on finalizing the list, and even wrote a rough draft of what would have been my first entry, but subsequently got side-tracked by things like my all-lifetime baseball team, my favorite songs of all-time, and now this latest tangent.

I've been working on a list of my top 100 albums of all-time. In doing so, I'm re-listening to all of the contenders and ranking them in order as I proceed through the alphabet. In fact, I'm already almost through the E's, although since I started this project about a month ago, my expectation is that I'll complete it in about three more months.

In a continuing effort to use sports analogies to describe all things music-related, I'm calling these albums 400 foot blasts. I don't think I need to explain this one, but I will. The idea is that these records are analogous to home run balls that are hit so well that's there's no doubt about them.

I'm not sure exactly how I'll roll out the list once it's completed. I'm certainly not going to do a write-up about each and every album. Most likely, I'll do ten at a time, and say a few words about a few of the albums each round. So, stay tuned for this, as well as that top 40 sports moments list that I'll get to eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment