Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brouthers Field: The Sequel

In June of last year, I wrote about a day that I spent paying tribute to the two baseball Hall of Famers from the county I grew up in. One of them was 19th century star, Dan Brouthers. I discovered that day that a monument to Brouthers that was erected at a local Little League field was gone, as was the field.

After I notified him of this, my good friend and fellow baseball history buff, Joe, emailed the mayor of the Village of Wappingers Falls, where the field is located, to inquire about what happened to the monument. He never heard back, but I recently came across the photos I took when I initially showed Joe this field almost 20 years ago. So, I thought I'd share one of those with you.

Brouthers Field Monument

It's unfortunate that I don't have more information on where the monument currently resides. It could be at the Sports Museum of Dutchess County, but I've yet to visit. I assure you, though, that I haven't given up and am still determined to eventually track down its whereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment