Friday, December 03, 2010

50 Greatest Baseball Players Not in the Hall of Fame, Part 3

Rounding out this list, here are the remaining 25 players I voted for:

Albert Belle
Bobby Bonds
Ken Boyer
Kevin Brown
Pete Browning
Eddie Cicotte
David Cone
Bill Dahlen
Darrell Evans
John Franco
Dwight Gooden
Bobby Grich
Keith Hernandez
Gil Hodges
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Tony Mullane
Graig Nettles
Tony Oliva
Dave Parker
Ted Simmons
Alan Trammell
Larry Walker
Lou Whitaker
Deacon White

I'm currently working on my own player evaluation system, which is a composite of other statistical methods, with a major emphasis on WAR (Wins Above Replacement) and Win Shares. This system will be the basis of my running list of the 25 greatest Hall of Fame eligible players who aren't enshrined in Cooperstown.

In the meantime, I'll be posting my opinions on which players should be elected on Monday's Veterans Committee ballot. Stay tuned for that over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment