Monday, December 23, 2013

The Year in Music #9:
Haim - Days Are Gone

Yes, two consecutive sister acts to kick off my top ten. Given that Haim are a trio, and Tegan and Sara just a duo, if you can think of a band which includes four sisters, you've got a pretty good guess as to who #8 is.

I've read quite a few comparisons of this band to Wilson Phillips, and while these songs are lot less cheesy than "Hold On," there's definitely an '80s-'90s girl-group thing going on here.

Of course, since this is my #9 album of the year, I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Even if the idea of a modern and kind of hip interpretation of that genre doesn't sound interesting to you, I dare you to listen to songs like "Falling," "Honey and I," "Running if You Call My Name" and "The Wire" (below) and tell me they're not infectious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment