Sunday, September 28, 2008

Morneau Article in Chicago Sun-Times

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but the article that I wrote advocating for Justin Morneau's MVP candidacy appeared in this past Monday's edition of the Chicago Sun-Times Online. Mike Lynch, who runs Seamheads.com told me that they picked it up through a syndication service called Blogburst.

My only complaint is that there's no byline, just a link to "Read more from this blogger", which links to the article as it appears on Seamheads.com. It would've been nice if the Sun-Times actually attributed the piece to my name. Maybe they didn't want to turn me into persona non grata in Boston for actually suggesting that the award should go to someone other than Dustin Pedroia, the MVP of about one month of the Red Sox season. Still, it's pretty exciting to see my work in such a major newspaper.

Meanwhile, Morneau went 2-for-15 during the Twins' recent four-game winning streak, including their sweep of the White Sox that moved them into first place. He's 1-for-9 in their two losses since that mini-winning streak, as the Twins and White Sox act like they're both scared of having to play the Rays in the opening round of the AL playoffs. Morneau also has one RBI since September 17, and he's 10-for-50 with 5 RBI (4 of them in the first three games) since I posted that article here. Sorry Justin, I guess I jinxed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment