Friday, December 18, 2015

Best Music of 2015:
#12 Built to Spill - Untethered Moon

When Dinosaur Jr. closed out the final show of their 30th anniversary celebration with "Cortez the Killer," I commented that every band should go out that way. What I really meant was Built to Spill should (oh, and perhaps Neil Young, but he has so many great options).

Doug Martsch and company just keep churning out consistently great guitar-oriented indie rock. Honestly, their last few albums haven't done anything to distinguish them from what came before, but they always come along at a time when I'm just ready for a new Built to Spill album.

Like BTS, Hopworks IPA reminds me of an old friend and, actually, I must admit I've had it before. But, it was years ago at a brew fest, and you know how they all start to run together at those events. So, it made a much bigger impression on me this time, and being from a Portland brewery, it also makes me think about a certain someone whose presence will be missed during future trips to the craft beer capital of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment