Friday, December 18, 2015

Best Music of 2015:
#13 Ryley Walker - Primrose Green

I won't be repeating the "I never got into so-and-so before this album" refrain because I had never heard of Ryley Walker before this year.

I came across this article yesterday and, considering I have 13 albums to go and I just put together a list of my 13 favorite beers I tried this year, I decided to borrow the idea.

Primrose Green's hazy '70s-inspired songs would pair well with Tree House Haze. Yes, because of the name, but also because of its cloudy, unfiltered appearance and, at 8.2%, because this Imperial IPA from Central Massachusetts will leave you feeling a bit, well, hazy.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Tim Buckley! You could have convinced me this was a set of Tim Buckley covers. Yes, there's Tim Hardin, Bert Jansch, Van Morrison, and Nike Drake mixed in there, but wow, the soaring vocals over a droning chord is all TB.

    Glad I'm checking this out. Our local AAA station WFUV is playing the title track now and then.

    ReplyDelete