Thursday, October 16, 2008

AL MVP Poll

Updated 10/16/08 @ 12:09AM: With the voting closed in my American League MVP poll, it seems that my coverage of the controversial play from last Monday night's Red Sox-Angels ALDS Game Four had more influence on its outcome than my argument for Justin Morneau. Likely, at least in part, due to an influx of traffic from Angels sympathizers, the final tally is as follows:

Francisco Rodriguez, Angels - 5
Justin Morneau, Twins - 4
Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox - 3
Josh Hamilton, Rangers - 3
Kevin Youkilis, Red Sox - 1
Roy Halladay, Blue Jays - 1
Other - 1

I'm certainly not trying to say that Rodriguez is not a legitimate MVP candidate, but I know that my site received over 200 referrals from angelswin.com last week, so I'm assuming that a few of those folks cast their votes while they were passing through.

It was a close competition, with four legitimate candidates, but Francisco Rodriguez is our winner, edging out Justin Morneau, Dustin Pedroia and Josh Hamilton. Thanks to everyone who voted.

No comments:

Post a Comment