Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Music of 2015: #2 Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material

Every Christmas I buy my dad a CD of one of the year's best country albums, in my opinion. It's not always my favorite, but rather something I really like that I think he will too.

This is the highest-ranking album I've given him as a gift, at least partly because it's so damn difficult to buy CDs anymore. I was initially a little concerned about the frequency of (mostly) subtle marijuana references on this one, but I couldn't find Willie and Merle's Django & Jimmie, so I went with it. 

Pageant Material is chock full of clever lyrics about simple living, being yourself and generally just not being an asshole. It seems like the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon of drinking Lagunitas Born Yesterday. Oh, and there may actually be another connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment