Saturday, November 27, 2010

Where in the Hudson Valley...?

The December 2010 issue of Hudson Valley magazine delivers the answer to a question that I've been seeking for almost a year and a half now.

In a feature called "Where in the Valley: Out of the Park", the whereabouts of the Wappingers Falls, New York monument to 19th century slugger and Baseball Hall of Fame member Dan Brouthers is revealed. Well, actually it's hinted at being just a stone's throw away from the churchyard cemetery where he's buried, but since I know that St. Mary's is the location in question, it shouldn't be too difficult to find my way there eventually.

As shown in the photo that accompanies the article, the monument has been nicely restored. To see for yourself, visit the link to the article above and compare to the picture I posted here back in February, which is one I took almost 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment